Taking off your makeup every day is an essential element of skincare, but using the wrong makeup remover might be harmful. Choosing the correct facial makeup remover for your skin type and opting for mild eye makeup and lipstick remover, while avoiding specific substances may all assist you in selecting the perfect makeup remover that will benefit your skin in many ways.
Makeup Remover Tips
- Micellar water: This is a type of cleaner that employs water combined with dirt-attracting minerals. In addition, it will remove all of your waterproof makeup, and it does not froth while in use.
- Avoid foaming cleansers: This kind of cleaner may get into your eyes, and you may need to scrub to remove all the makeup from your face.
- Consider an oil-based remover: Because eye makeup, particularly mascara and eyeliner, is often waterproof, you should use an oil-based makeup remover to dissolve your makeup faster.
- Clean with ease: Dab a tiny quantity of your preferred makeup remover onto a cotton pad or cotton ball and gently wipe it over your lashes and eyelids for a minute or two before wiping away the makeup.
- Salicylic acid: If you have oily skin or a combination of oily and dry skin, look for a makeup remover that contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. Both chemicals will absorb excess oil, while the cleanser will remove your makeup.
- Oil-free remover: Try an oil-free makeup remover if you're worried about your makeup blocking your pores. This form of makeup remover is gentler.
- Emulsifying cream: Avoid makeup removers with foamy formulations if you have sensitive skin. Instead, use a cream makeup remover to massage your skin before rinsing it off.
- Wash your face: Do this after using makeup remover to eliminate the chemicals in the makeup remover and maintain flawless skin. After you've removed your makeup, you may use your usual everyday face wash.
What to generally look out for
- Alcohol-based removers should be avoided.
- Avoid non-traditional makeup removers like baby oil.
- If you have acne or sensitive skin, use fragrance-free makeup removers.