Making nails good-looking and attractive is now easier -thanks to various nail polishes in the market. This lacquer that is applied to the nails is used decoratively and fashionably. Furthermore, nail polish liquid beautifies the nail plates and acts as protection to them.
Best Nail Polish
A wide range of nail polish is available for use, but picking the wrong one may cause more harm than good to your nail. Choosing a famous brand of nail polish may be easy, but that is not enough. You must learn about certain vital ingredients in a bottle of nail polish that makes it either safe or unsafe. To focus more on the ingredients whenever you're picking a nail polish, here are the things to look out for.
- Resins Nitrocellulose: It is a significant ingredient in the production of nail polish with a wide range of benefits. This rigid material helps in holding polish together. In addition, it improves nail health and helps prevent excessive acidity.
- Benzophenone: It is a UV protection that helps prevent damages as a result of UV rays. It also helps prevent the nail polish from fading quickly. Additionally, it absorbs UV radiation quickly, acting as a protector to nail polish.
- Stearalkonium Hectorite: It is a kind of dispersant that helps facilitate the dispersion of solids in liquids. It also acts as a suspending agent. It is a reaction product of both hectorite and Stearalkonium chloride.
What to Avoid About Using Nail Polish
- The presence of certain chemicals in nail polish can be highly flammable, such as nitrocellulose, so take caution when using it.
- Do not apply if there is an open sore on the skin.
Ingredients to Avoid When Buying Nail Polish
When you notice the following ingredients in nail polish, they may be unsafe for your nail and skin.
- Toluene and its related chemicals
- Formaldehyde and formaldehyde resin
- Ethyl tosylamide
- Triphenyl phosphate
How to Use Nail Polish
- Ensure nails are filed and buffed
- Remember both the top and bottom coat of the nails
- Use a fine brush to create a defined outline around the cuticles of the nail
- Ensure to apply nail polish on your nails carefully
- Rotate the dominant hand to apply nail polish
- Clean the edges with a nail polish remover
- Coat the polish with a nail hardener
Benefits of Nail Polish
- It beautifies the nail of the wearer
- Certain chemicals help in strengthening the condition of the nails
- Massaging of the nails helps distribute the cuticle oil as well as stimulating the growth of the nail.
- It passes a good impression of who you are to others
- It can be a classy fashion statement
- It beautifies the hands and feet of the wearer