False nails are a substitute for natural nails to either cover the blemish or for aesthetic purposes. While some of these false nails try to imitate the appearance of the natural nails as closely as possible, others are nowhere near and stray out of the usual for a more beautifying look. To achieve these different results, certain materials are used to prepare false nails and accessories and these materials make them wearable.
Best False Nails and Accessories
The best false nails will have materials like acrylic polymers in their makeup. When buying false nails and accessories, ensure you go for products that the FDA approves. These approved options will most definitely be made with Acrylic polymers. Since you cannot exactly know which nails have what materials, selecting only those with FDA-approved stamps guarantees the quality.
False Nail Glue
This is used in attaching the nails to the fingers. It contains cyanoacrylate, which is non-flammable and provides a rapid cure. It has unique bonding characteristics that make it easy to use with an almost automatic result.
False Nails Tips
These are a type of nails in themselves, and they are fixed over the natural nail. They are made of acrylic plastics and are quite durable when fixed properly. However, this type is attached to the tip of a nail. Used primarily for people with short nails, they are a great enhancement tool.
False nails are acrylic polymers that offer a wide range of benefits to their wearers. While some may choose it to protect their fingers, some may wear it for beauty or other various reasons.
Materials Found in False Nail Making
- Acrylic Plastic: False nails are majorly made of acrylic plastic and are produced as a reaction of acrylic monomers. This flexible material help in coating vinyl materials. It can also resist acids and alkalis. False nails tend to last for a longer period due to their high resistance to stains and dirt properties. Similar to stains, this ingredient has abrasion properties that protect its wearers against sudden scrapping of hands on the wall.
- A Polymer: It is a major ingredient in fake nail polish and is resistant to chemicals. Naturally, this ingredient is radar absorbent.
- Resin: It is used in preparing nail accessories due to its flexibility. It also helps in retaining the visual aesthetics of certain objects.
What to Avoid When Buying False Nail Accessories and False Nails
- Don't buy expired false nail accessories.
- Avoid buying cracked or chipped false nails or false nail tips.
- Don't buy products with fragrances. They can be harmful due to the presence of certain toxic chemicals.