Vitamin D3 is a group of fat-soluble secosteroids known for increasing how we absorb magnesium, phosphate, calcium, and other biological effects in the intestine. It is also referred to as the "sunshine vitamin" due to its production in the skin as a response to sunlight. Vitamin D3 is a fat-soluble vitamin belonging to the family, including vitamins D1, D2, and D3. When the body is exposed to sunlight, there is natural vitamin D production.
About the Best Vitamin D3
Several vital functions are attached to Vitamin D3 in the body. However, the most crucial roles of this vitamin include the regulation and absorption of phosphorus and calcium, including the facilitation of normal immune system function. Although it can be naturally obtained, there are other substitutions like supplements. The best vitamin D3 supplements come primarily from animal sources such as egg yolks, liver, fish, and more. The best vitamin D3 provides the benefits listed above to the body. They are also FDA-approved and contain no chemicals as part of their ingredients.
Why Do You Need Vitamin D3?
- Bone Strengthening: Vitamin D3 is known to help both bone and muscles. It helps enhance calcium in the small intestine. If there is an absence of vitamin D in the body for calcium absorption, it will push out calcium from the bone, making it weak, and leading to osteoporosis.
- Immunity: Findings have shown that vitamin D3 helps protect the body against pneumonia and acute respiratory infection.
- Heart Health: According to research, people who suffer from high blood and obesity have a lower level of vitamin D. Some findings have also revealed that this vitamin can help lower high blood pressure. Researchers also found that Vitamin D impacts the brain that they may shed on how depression can result from a deficiency.
- Loss of Weight: According to a study where postmenopausal women were administered Vitamin D supplements for weight loss intervention, vitamin D3 can help you lose weight. The research resulted that women who had taken it consistently lost more body fat. It was also noticed that the circumference of their waste was reduced.
Precautions and What to Avoid
- Reach out to your doctor to determine if it can be taken alongside other medications you may be on.
- Let your doctor or pharmacist be aware of your medical history, especially of a high level of calcium or vitamin D, difficulties in food absorption, and other diseases.
- Avoid taking vitamin D before surgery. Let your doctor or pharmacist be aware of the drugs you use, including herbs.
- Avoid taking large doses during pregnancy.
- Vitamin D3 is best absorbed after a meal.
- Follow the directions on the back of the bottle or container
- Keep out of reach of children