An essential of any first aid kit, Neosporin has been a mainstay of all medical kits and medicine cabinets for a decade. Before putting on the Band-aid, make sure that Neosporin antibiotic ointment is put on the scrape, abrasion, or minor cut to help keep infection and pain at bay.
Neosporin antibiotic ointment is put on the scrape, abrasion, or minor cut to help keep infection, and pain at bay.
Neosporin + Pain Relief Ointment works to help prevent infection and provide maximum-strength pain relief from minor cuts, scrapes, and burns. Using bacitracin zinc, neomycin sulfate, polymyxin B, and pramoxine hydrochloride, this ointment from the number one doctor recommended brand not only helps fight infection for 24 hours but also soothes and reduces pain with maximum-strength relief.
Active Ingredients in Neosporin
Three are three active ingredients present in Neosporin that account for its effectiveness in providing relief from pain and restoring the health of the affected body part. They are;
All three contain functional antibiotics to ward off infections from the affected skin and help it recover quickly.
How to Use Neosporin
While there are no prescriptions for using this product, it's important to note that this medication is reserved for topical application and not for any other purpose. The following steps provide a guide on how to use Neosporin;
- Wash your hands first with soap and water to avoid contaminating the ointment.
- Clean the affected area with a dry fabric or cotton wool.
- Then take a small amount of the medication and apply it to the affected area.
- Rub it gently in a circular motion to ensure it's properly applied.
- You can do this every morning and at night.
- Cover with a sterile bandage.
- If you're using a spray, shake the bottle very well and spray it on the affected area twice or thrice a day after cleaning it dry first.
Precautions and Things to Avoid
- Always wash your hands after application.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose with your hands when or after applying it. If you do, however, wash immediately with water.
- If the situation does not improve after application for one week, then it's time to seek medical help.
- Do not use this medication on large affected areas of the body. It's only for cuts, bruises, abrasions, and serious burns.
- If the affected area in a child is around where you apply diapers, do not use this medication there.
- As a rule of thumb, always keep out of the reach of children and pets -if there are any.
- If you have animal bites, consult your doctor before usage.
- If you notice your skin reacting in a strange way or even your body after application, do not fail to report to a doctor.
Benefits of Using Neosporin
Neosporin provides fast relief from pain caused by:
- Deep cuts
- Flesh wounds
- Severe burns
- Animal bites, and many other similar skin injuries.
It also ensures that the affected areas are free of infections that can prolong the healing process and cause the injury to fester.