NeilMed Sinus Rinse is an easy squeeze bottle system that allows you to deliver the saline solution with positive pressure to clean the nasal passages thoroughly, while maintaining your head in an upright position. Daily rinsing is safe and will keep your nasal passages clean, healthy and open.
- Preservative, iodine and latex free
USP Grade (purity level 99% or higher) Sodium Chloride and Sodium Bicarbonate.
- Please wash your hands. Fill the clean bottle with the designated volume of lukewarm distilled, filtered or previously boiled water. You may warm the water in a microwave in increments of 5 to 10 seconds to avoid overheating the water, damaging the device or scalding your nasal passage.
- Cut the sinus rinse mixture packet at the corner and pour its contents into the bottle. Tighten the cap and tube on the bottle securely. Place one finger over the tip of the cap and shake the bottle gently to dissolve the mixture.
- Standing in front of a sink, bend forward to your comfort level and tilt your head down. Keeping your mouth open, without holding your breath, place the cap snugly against your nasal passage. Squeeze bottle gently until the solution starts draining from the opposite nasal passage. Some may drain from your mouth. For a proper rinse, keep squeezing the bottle gently until at least 1/4 to 1/2 (60 mL to 120 mL or 2 to 4 fl oz) of the bottle is used.
- Blow your nose very gently, without pinching nose completely to avoid pressure on eardrums.If tolerable, sniff in gently any residual solution remaining in the nasal passage once or twice, because this may clean out the posterior nasopharyngeal area, which is the area at the back of your nasal passage. At times, some solution will reach the back of your throat, so please spit it out. To help drain any residual solution, blow your nose gently while tilting your head forward and to the opposite side of the nasal passage you just rinsed.
- Now repeat steps 3 and 4 for your other nasal passage.
Sinus Rinse helps alleviate nasal allergies & dryness; nasal symptoms from flu & cold; sinus symptoms; nasal irritation from occupational dust, fumes, animal dander, grass, pollen, smoke & house dust and post nasal drip congestion.
Safety Warning: Rinsing your nasal passages with only plain water will result in a severe burning sensation. Always use Distilled, Micro-Filtered (through 0.2 micron), Commercially Bottled or Previously Boiled and Cooled Down Water at Lukewarm or Body Temperature, properly mixed with NeilMed Sinus Rinse packets. Do not use tap or faucet water for dissolving the mixture unless it has been previously boiled and cooled down. Do not rinse if nasal passages are completely blocked or if you have an ear infection. Do not swallow the solution.
The product descriptions and instructions provided by Vitabox are for informational purposes only and are qualified in their entirety by the information available from manufacturers of the products. You should carefully read all product packaging, and contact the manufacturer with any questions before using a product. While we endeavor to ensure that product descriptions are current, manufacturers sometimes change their products. We are not liable for inaccuracies or misstatements about products. We do not provide medical advice or recommendations. You should not use the information provided by Vitabox for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, immediately contact your health care provider. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or any other government agency and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.