- Mascara: This is used majorly for the eyelashes to color, thicken, curl, darken and extend it. Mascara comes in three forms; liquid, cream, and cake. The most popular color for mascara is black, but brown is best for light-colored lashes.
- Eyeliner: The eyeliner is used to define the waterlines of the eyes and make them more beautiful. It also enhances the eyelashes to complement the job of mascara by making them look thicker. The eyeliner comes in two major forms; gel and liquid eyeliners.
- Eyebrow Color: This is used to define the eyebrows and draw attention to them. It comes in different colors to suit the different colors of skin for clients. It can be drawn with an eyebrow pencil, which is also available, and it comes with different formulations, including powder, mascara, pomade, wax, and gel.
- Eyeshadow: The eyeshadow is applied basically on the eyelids and areas above the eyes just before the brows. It is used to define the area with a variety of colors, which black is rarely part of.
- Eye Primer: Eye primers are used to extend the duration of makeups in the eyes. They create a lasting effect on the makeup by preventing them from fading off, bleeding, or sliding away. They also sustain the originality of the colors applied to them. They can be used on eyeshadow bases and even on lashes.
- Eye Concealers: These are applied under the eyes to conceal wrinkles and enhance the contours of the eyes while complementing the makeup above them. The eye concealer can be used for dry skins to conceal the dried part of the eyes beneath.
How to Use Eye Makeup
Each eye makeup is used differently. However, one thing is common with all of them, which is the use of eye makeup brushes. Then, you can start with the following process:
- Wash your face with soap and water before rinsing and wiping it dry.
- Apply a moisturizer to smoothen the face, and prepare it for the makeup.
- Add a primer around the eyes except for the lids for a lasting effect when the makeups are applied.
- Apply a foundation to serve as a base.