Differin Gel isn’t like other acne treatments you’ve tried. Its oil-free formulation clears and prevents acne with the first ingredient approved by the FDA for over-the-counter use in more than 30 years. Learn the ins and outs of this delightfully different treatment process.
Retinoid vs. Retinol.
Some people think the terms retinoid and retinol are interchangeable, but it’s important to know they are not the same thing.
Differin Gel background
Differin Gel contains 0.1% adapalene — a retinoid dermatologists have prescribed to over 40 million people globally for more than 20 years. According to the American Academy of Dermatology’s (AAD) therapeutic treatment guidelines, topical retinoids are recommended as a primary therapy for initial treatment of mild, moderate and severe acne. Due to the successful track record of Differin Gel in helping to diminish acne, we’re excited to bring it to a wider group of people — many who have been long-time acne sufferers and tried nearly every other over-the-counter acne treatment out there. For the first time ever, Differin Gel is available without a prescription.
Benefits of Differin Gel for acne
- The only FDA-approved retinoid for over-the-counter use
- Prescription-strength without the prescription
- A once-a-day topical acne solution Treats the initial source of acne — deep in your pores
- Speeds the healing of acne Prevents new acne from forming
- Restores even skin tone, texture and radiance by clearing your acne
- Unblocks clogged pores
- Promotes healthier skin and a clearer, brighter complexion by clearing acne
- Helps reduce the risk of scarring and hyper pigmentation by treating acne
- Contains adapalene, a dermatologist‑recommended retinoid for clearing acne
- Developed and tested by dermatologists
- Safely and effectively clears acne
- Previously only available by prescription
- Oil‑free and fragrance‑free
- The most well‑tolerated acne-fighting retinoid with the power of Rx