Desitin manufacturers creams that are used to prevent and treat diaper rash in babies. Diaper rash is a dermatological condition that affects babies using diapers, and Destin takes care of the problem with different products formulated for it. The various products are designed to treat diaper rash in its different stages.
Desitin Diaper Rash Products
The Desitin Brand offers its production in 3 different categories, which include;
Desitin Dail Defense Cream: The defense cream on application adds an extra layer of protection, adds an extra layer of protection to the baby's diaper area while providing soothing relief to rash discomfort. It provides instant relief from diaper rash and is fragrance-free. It's a creamy liquid that moisturizes the baby's skin, reduces redness, and relieves skin irritation due to prolonged diaper usage.
Desitin Maximum Strength Original Paste: The maximum strength has the highest percentage of the active ingredient "Zinc Oxide" (up to 40% of it). This helps to form a protective layer that instantly prevents diaper rash. And in cases where the baby has a diaper rash already, relief is witnessed within 12 hours of application. It is hypoallergenic, soothes the skin, provides skin moisturization, and seals out wetness.
Desitin Multipurpose Ointment: This particular product can be used for a variety of skin conditions caused by diapers on babies and even for adults with skin irritation. It relieves dry, chapped, and cracked skin, prevents diaper rash, and treats the same. It can also be used for chapped lips to protect cuts and bruises and can be used as a dry cuticle treatment.
- The active ingredient present in the Defense Cream is Zinc Oxide (13%).
- The best part of the Defense Cream is that it's hypoallergenic, which is a fact validated by pediatricians.
- The multipurpose ointment is hypoallergenic and is free from paraben, phthalates, and other harmful ingredients.
- The active ingredient is white petrolatum.
How to Apply Desitin Products
The following application method is the same for all three products, except the multipurpose ointment, which can be used for chapped skin.
- Remove the soiled diaper immediately.
- Clean the diaper area of the baby's skin and allow it to dry.
- Apply the ointment on the area, and do it each time you change the diaper, especially at night.
- In the case of chapped or irritated skin for adults and babies, apply moderately.
Benefits of Desitin Products Prevents Diaper Rash
Hypoallergenic: This means that the products are free of allergies, and that is because they've been formulated with the best skin-friendly ingredients. They are also paraben-free and do not contain the harmful chemical group "Phthalates". All of these can lead to side effects.
Moisturizes the Skin and Reduces Irritation: With the skin around the diaper area well moisturized, the baby stays comfortable all night and day. The products also reduce skin irritations in both babies and adults.