Chapstick is a cosmetic product manufactured under the GlaxoSmithKline healthcare line. It's for the lips and is meant to keep it hydrated to prevent a condition called Lips Chapping. Chapping is a serious condition of the lips known in medical terms as Cheilitis. It causes inflammation of the lips and often leads to broken lips. This is sometimes caused by constant exposure to the sun or dry wind in light-skinned people.
However, chapstick lip balms prevent and also treat the condition effectively. It is a famous lip balm renowned globally and has been in use for 135 years as the preferred solution to chapped lips and for hydrating the lips. It's a known fact that chapped lips are not attractive, and now is the best time to get rid of them with sticks!
All the ingredients used to make Chapsticks are sourced naturally without any artificial flavors or fragrances. Some of the ingredients include mango, avocado, sunflower seeds, tree nuts, and shear butter.
- The three major products of the Chapstick brand are Cherry Classic, Classic Orginal, and Moisturizer Original.
- These products come in a variety of flavors. From vanilla mint to juicy grape, lemon, and vanilla latte, there are numerous flavors we have here in Vitabox for you.
- Beyond just applying and moisturizing your lips, the flavors make them smell better and more pleasant to use.
How to Use Chapsticks
There are no rules set in stone on how to use Chapsticks. They are applied the same way you apply your regular lip balms. Simply clean your lips with a piece of dry fabric, and apply gently. Check the packaging or labels for specific instructions on how to use them.
What Makes Chapsticks Unique?
The following ingredients make chapsticks products unique and stand out among other brands of lip balms:
- Vaseline or bee wax
- Cocoa butter
All of the listed ingredients assure you of a good moisturizing agent for your lips and, of course, the sunscreen protects your lips from the effect of the sun rays. More importantly is the fact that it's paraben-free, which prevents any risk of skin cancer after applying the products.
Benefits of Using Chapstick
- Moisturises the skin on the lips.
- Cures chapped lips and prevents it from occurring.
- Protects the lips from the rays of the sun with sunscreen and SPF UVB 15 protection.
- Hydrates the lips.
Side effects are uncommon with the usage of chapsticks as their ingredients are sourced naturally. Any side effects might be occasioned by personal skin allergies. If you do experience side effects, consult with a doctor or dermatologist immediately.