Bath Salts are more therapeutic than regular salts and provide a cheap, therapeutic way to address most stress conditions or physical ailments. Bath salts are most commonly made from Magnesium Sulphate, better known as Epsom Salts, and are also sourced naturally from the sea, but not to be confused with Sodium Salts.
The active ingredient present in bath salts is the chemical salt known as Magnesium Sulphate, which gives it all the healing properties when dissolved in water.
How to Use Bath Salts
Detox baths are used for body detoxing purposes to get rid of toxins from the body, relieve stress, treat constipation, among other benefits. How to use the bath salt for a detox bath:
- Fill a standard bathtub with warm water.
- Scup 2 cups of Epsom salt into the bathtub with warm water.
- Soak yourself in the bathtub for at least 12 minutes and more if you want to treat constipation (up to 30 minutes).
Foot and Hand Bath
- Get a bowl or basin large enough for your hands or feet as the case may be.
- Fill it with warm water and add 1 or 2 cups of the Epsom salt into the bowl, then stir for the salt to dissolve in it.
- Place your hands or feet in it for about 10 to 15 minutes to get relief from muscle and joints pains in the hands or feet.
Benefits of Bath Salts
- Relieves Constipation: Magnesium, which is present in Epsom Salt, is used to treat constipation as it attracts more water to the colon to improve bowel movement. Soaking yourself in a bathtub made of Epsom salt can relieve constipation.
- Reduces Stress: Salt baths have been proven to reduce stress after a long day at work. By soaking yourself in a bath made of Magnesium salts, the salts can help the brain produce neurotransmitters that can relieve stress and make anyone feel relaxed.
- Promotes a Healthier Sleep: In the process of relieving stress, the magnesium salts can also help produce Melatonin -a hormone that induces sleep in the body. Thus, you can sleep better and wake up stronger.
- Relieves Muscle Aches and Arthritis: Whether the ache is on the hands, feet, back, or torso, soaking yourself in bath salts can relieve the pains as the salt can ease tension in the joints and muscles while reducing inflammation. It's also therapeutic for arthritis and related conditions.
- Heals Skin Inflammation, Itches, Dry Skin, and Irritations: When combined with olive oil in the bathtub, this salt can heal skin irritations, allergies, skin rashes, itching, inflammation, dry skin, swellings, sore, insect bites/stings, and many other skin conditions. When combined with almond oil or oatmeal, it can moisturize the skin, making it softer, smoother, and fresher.
- Don't stay in the bathtub longer than necessary.
- If you're allergic to the salt, stop use immediately and consult your doctor.
- This salt should not be confused for the banned bath salts similar to amphetamines.