In 1968 we created an effervescent cold medicine that delivers symptom relief quickly. Alka-Seltzer Plus Orange Zest Effervescent Tablets provide the same effective relief with a zesty orange flavor, so it's still the one you turn to when you want fast relief from your worst cold symptoms: Nasal Congestion Sneezing Runny Nose Sore Throat Fever Headache & Body Ache Sinus Pressure.
- Provides temporary relief from nasal congestion
- Comes in Effervescent form
- Sparkling Original flavor
Active ingredients (in each tablet) Aspirin 325 mg (NSAID)* (Pain reliever/Fever reducer), Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg (Antihistamine), Phenylephrine bitartrate 7.8 mg (Nasal decongestant) *nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
Inactive ingredients acesulfame potassium, anhydrous citric acid, aspartame, calcium silicate, dimethicone, docusate sodium, FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #6, flavors, mannitol, povidone, sodium benzoate, sodium bicarbonate.
Adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 tablets fully dissolved in 4 oz of water every 4 hours. Do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor. Children under 12 years old: do not use.
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
ALLERGY alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:Hives
- Facial swelling
- Asthma (wheezing)
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
- Are age 60 or older
- Have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- Take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- Take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
- Have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- Take more or for a longer time than directed
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use to sedate children.
Do not yuse:
- If you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- In children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if:
- Stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- You have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- You have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
- You are taking a diuretic
- Thyroid disease
- Difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- A breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- A sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use :
if you areTaking a prescription drug for:
- Taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product:
- Do not exceed recommended dosage
- Excitability may occur, especially in children
- You may get drowsy
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- An allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
- You experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
- Feel faint
- Vomit blood
- Have bloody or black stools
- Have stomach pain that does not get better
- Pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- Fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- Redness or swelling is present
- New symptoms occur
- Ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
The product descriptions and instructions provided by vitabox.com are for informational purposes only and are qualified in their entirety by the information available from manufacturers of the products. You should carefully read all product packaging, and contact the manufacturer with any questions before using a product. While we endeavor to ensure that product descriptions are current, manufacturers sometimes change their products. We are not liable for inaccuracies or misstatements about products. We do not provide medical advice or recommendations. You should not use the information provided by vitabox.com for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, immediately contact your health care provider. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration or any other government agency and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
|Unit Count||20 Count|
|Number of Packs||1 Pack|
|Brand Name||AlkaSeltzer Plus|
|Product Type||Effervescent Tablets|